Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Recovered from Delhi Belly

 

 

 

 


I still felt kind of punk in the morning when I woke up, but the antibiotics had kicked in. I decided to stay back as the group left the hotel in two different directions. Most went to a museum of miniature paintings. Cathy, Ferris and Courtney went shopping. Later in the morning they happened to sync up with the group on the bus and shopping continued.

When I realized that I was cured, or at least didn’t have to think of being close to a bathroom, I decided to have a massage. I had a typical Indian Ayurvedic massage. It is a VERY oily massage but soothing. They rub lots of oil into your hair and leave it there. I was now ready to meet the rest of the day. It cost 600 rupees, about $12.00.

I then took an auto rickshaw back to the hotel and picked up Barbara who had also remained behind, to drive over to the Majarana’s private car museum. He likes Rolls-Royces. Besides his regular Rolls, he has a Rolls Jeep, and Rolls Hunting Car.

We then returned to the Hotel and I caught up with Cathy and group who had just returned from shopping. We had heard from the group of an upscale shawl store that featured amazing products from Kashmir. The store sent a car and driver for us and we went there. It was amazing, the store could have been in New York or Los Angeles very chic. They then had the driver take us a to a jewelry store and back to the hotel. We had drinks and dinner at the hotel. We then packed to be ready in the morning for our trip to Jodphur.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: